The Site Manager will be responsible the oversee and manage the construction of the residential and other projects of Fairstone Ltd as assigned, from conception to completion.
Performs – inter alia – the following duties:
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Assist in procuring resources to execute the works.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Coordinate and manage the foreman, supervisors, direct construction workers and subcontractors.
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory.
- Meet contractual conditions.
- Review the work progress on daily basis.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, house-keeping and security.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Liaise and work in collaboration with the Architectural, Engineering and Project Management departments to discuss about projects methodology, constraints and any other related topics.
- Maintain a sound relationship with other departments within the Evaco Group, service providers, contractors, sub-contractors for the smooth running of operations and for proper communication at all times.
- Ensure that Safety & Health procedures are adhered to at all times and take the relevant actions as deemed appropriate.
- Ensure that the department under your responsibility is structured, managed and developed to provide the relevant assistance to the Evaco Group and all its subsidiaries, or to any party as relevant to the nature of the services provided by your Department.
- Ensure that the proper Standard Operating Procedures are set up to mitigate any risks of fraudulent/inaccurate transactions; train the personnel under your care to this effect and keep the relevant records.
- Ensure the effective management of the personnel under your responsibility.
- Liaise with the HR Department on a regular basis for a proper monitoring of all employees’ related issues and relevant action taking.
- Identify recruitment requirements and work with the HR department for the candidates’ search and selection.
- Identify the training & development needs of employees and ensure that the proper actions are taken accordingly.
- Maintain positively the team’s job results by counselling and disciplining employees as well as monitoring and appraising them.
- Ensure that employees follow the company standards, policies, and strategies.
- Fully assist the HR department in the elaboration of Key Performance Indicators for the staff under your responsibility as well as the subsequent implementation, monitoring and assessment phase.
The above list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be asked to perform any other cognate duties incidental to his/her job.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field
- 10 years’ work experience within the construction industry
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment
- Ability to develop and sustain excellent relationships with clients
- Excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to manage large teams