Fairstone Ltd which forms part of Evaco Group is a growing and well-known construction company. We are currently looking for a Site Engineer.
The job responsibilities of the Site Engineer include the following but are not limited to:
- Assist Senior Site Engineer/Site Manager
- Supply feedback on job progress
- Supply technical input where necessary and where applicable.
- Supply information when direct liaison with the client or management required.
- Assist in preparing of material schedules and requisitions.
- Ensure all works are as per specifications and drawing.
- Assist in monitoring of weekly programme.
- Assist in keeping record of daily site diary.
- Attend and contribute to site cost meetings.
Assist Foreman/ General Foreman
- Liaise with General Foreman by having formal discussions with them on site about performance, progress and quality.
- Assist General Foreman with technical issues and production targets.
- Discuss with General Foreman ways and means in improving operational efficiency and reducing wastage.
- Read, interpret engineers/architect/ID drawings, Bending Schedules.
Assist Quantity Surveyor
- Record work done and inform /advise QS on additional work/variations.
- Ensure that the work done as per site instruction is measured and recorded.
- Provide QS with any information which could be used for claims e.g., Change of scope of works.
- Liaise with M&E Coordinator to ensure that all services are properly planned, installed within agreed time schedule, approved and tested.
- Ensure proper and timely communication and exchange of information with relevant M&E sub contractors.
- Ensure that sub-contract work is carried out in according with the specifications.
- Ensure that sub-contractor abides by Fairstone safety requirements.
- Assist SE/ SSE /SM to prepare site programme of work.
- Monitor efficiency of resources by doing plant and labour performance studies.
- Breakdown allowable into units for agreed period.
- Establish programme for area of work or structures with General Foreman.
- Ensure with land surveyor that setting out is double checked.
Monitor contract efficiency by
- Comparing plant and labour cost against allowable cost.
- Recording actual progress against programme.
- Highlighting delays for possible claims and extension of time e.g. waiting for drawings, incorrect information, excessive rain etc.
- Ordering materials and following up orders so that no delays are incurred because of material delays.
- Implement systems to ensure that copies of test certificates are safely filed.
- Implement systems to ensure that soil and concrete samples are taken to the laboratory for tests and tests results are recorded and checked for suitability.
- Sign off QA sheets before any concrete casting.
- Ensure that all levels are checked regularly.
- Check all built in items positions on a regular basis.
- Quality Documentation & check sheet are enforced & maintained at all level.
- Control the safety of personnel on site by ensuring that the correct safety equipment, clothing and PPE are worn.
- Ensure compliance with the highest safety standards.
Experience and Skills
- Degree in Engineering/Civil Engineering or relevant qualifications related to post.
- Minimum 5 years working experience.
- Good knowledge of Construction Drawings and AutoCAD.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written in English and French.
- Good professional approach.
- Time management skills.
- Flexible to work odd hours.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field
- 5 years’ work experience within the construction industry
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment
- Ability to develop and sustain excellent relationships with people
- Positive Attitude
- Time Management Abilities
- Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to manage large teams
- The company reserves the right to call only the best qualified candidates for the selection exercises.
- The company also reserves the right not to proceed with the vacancy.