The duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
As Senior Accounts Officer you will assist the accountant, in managing and reporting on financial information pertaining to the different subsidiaries.
- Assist the Accountant in developing and maintaining timely and accurate financial statement which are compliant to IFRS standards.
- Assist the Accountant in developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure all statutory requirements for Companies under responsibility are met and liaise with concern stakeholders, Bank, MRA as required.
- Prepare supporting information for annual audits and liaise with external auditors as required.
- Keep track of all supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain Financial Accounting systems for tax control and payments, cash management, accounts payable and receivable and credit control.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Assist the Accountant in reviewing monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare forecasts in accordance with respective Companies` policies.
- Ensure that all financial information is securely kept by taking appropriate measures including implementation of policies and procedures.
- Assist the Group Accountant/Accountant with financial reporting as required by board members.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and financial statements at year end.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Group Accountant/Accountant and relevant Head of Departments.
- Assists managers in their respective departmental budget preparation.
- Maintain financial records for each international project in a manner that facilitates management reports.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements which are in line with contract agreements.
- Set up and provide timely and accurate reporting including analytics on the financial activity.
- Degree Holder in Accounting/Finance.
- ACCA qualified or partly qualified.
- 3 years working experience in a similar role.
- Analytical mind, accurate and attention to details.
- Strong organisational and time management skills; adherence to tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Good communication skills – English and French.
- Accuracy in particular accounting reports