Mereo Ltd, subsidiary of the Evaco Group is looking for a Procurement Officer.
We are a one stop shop for all procurement and logistic services with an exceptional market knowledge, a trusted global network of suppliers and a dedicated experienced team
Our expertise resides in mastering the procurement and supplier chain process. We offer tailormade solutions to maximise the sourcing and project development.
The services provided include: Sourcing, Procurement, Global Supply, Logistical services, and Warehousing facilities.
The main responsibilities pertaining to the position are:
- Procure materials and equipment such as Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and any other materials related to construction.
- Source foreign materials and suppliers for local and international projects related to construction.
- Review quotations, analyse and make comparative prices of materials and equipment from different suppliers and ensure budget allocated are respected.
- Secure supplies using tendering process and techniques.
- Draft annual budget base on procurement plan.
- Verify purchase requisition and prepare purchase order as per set standards.
- Ensure that products and supplies conform to the technical requirements prior to purchase.
- Request samples and verify quality of products where applicable before proceeding with purchase.
- Ensure that the goods are inspected prior to shipment.
Follow up and Reporting
- Follow up and report on status of deliveries to internal customers.
- Liaise with Accounts department for payment.
- Liaise with Logistic department for status of shipment.
- Create and maintain a good portfolio of clients and suppliers with relevant details.
- BSC Supply chain and procurement.
- 5 years relevant working experience in a similar role.
- Conversant with Microsoft office tools.
- Ability to work under pressure and short deadline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building.
- Flexible to work long hours as demanded by projects.
- Able to travel to meet vendors and suppliers, as necessary.
The company reserves the right to call only the best qualified candidates for the selection exercises.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
The company also reserves the right not to proceed with the vacancy.