Duties & Responsibilities
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other electrical components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Test Electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and power analyser to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Take readings on different equipment, chillers, generators, pumps and keep record on appropriate sheets.
- Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met by following safe work practices and observe safety rules and precautions.