A document controller is responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient preparation and management of documents. They control the numbering, sorting, filing, storing and retrieval of both electronic and hard copy documents produced by different departments of the company.
Performs – inter alia – the following duties:
- Collect, Set Up, Copy, Scan and Store documents following set procedures
- Ensure that all documents are up to date
- Conduct company audits to ensure documents are being followed
- Check for accuracy and edit files
- Ensure all technical documents, such as reports, drawings and blueprints are collected and registered in system
- Notify personnel of updated document versions and how to access them
- Review and update technical documents (e.g. manuals and workflows)
- Distribute project-related copies to internal teams
- Work with documents and records across various departments
- File documents in physical and digital records
- Create templates for future use
- Retrieve files as requested by employees and external parties
- Manage the flow of documentation within the organization
- Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information and terms of agreement
- Prepare ad-hoc reports on projects as needed
- Communicate and collaborate with project managers
- Confirm delivery of documents to proper personnel
- Quality & compliance checks on documents
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Architecture. Professional Qualifications
- HSC or relevant qualifications related to post.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in Construction Sites.
- Fully IT Literate.
- Good command of MS Office packages.
- Knowledge in Construction Drawings, AutoCAD.
- Flexible to work odd hours.
- Basic understanding of construction documents.