General Job Description
The Cost Controller will have the responsibility to track and analyse the costs associated with the construction projects undertaken by FairStone Ltd. The Cost Controller will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the project costs.
The duties & responsibilities will include – inter alia – the following:
- Working in close collaboration with the Cost Estimating teams to fully grasp all details pertaining to the Projects’ costings.
- Be fully aware of the progression of work for each project by regularly meeting with the Head of Operations, Site Managers & Site Cost Controllers, amongst others.
- Collaborate with the site teams to identify critical areas and inform Management regarding delays in the project, that will impact on costs.
- Table all data pertaining to costs of projects. Reporting should clearly show the budgeted costs versus the progress of work and associated costs, with justified variances.
- Ensure that reporting shows the final costs per villa, per phase and per project.
- Report on all variances to the Management team of FairStone & Co Ltd.
- Liaise with the Site & Finance Teams to get all critical information pertaining to impacting factors on costs of the projects
- Late payments to subcontractors and penalties
- Impact of exchange rate on purchase of Raw Materials
- Impact of delays for the delivery of villas to clients
- Costs of reworks
- Costs of wastage
- Any other impacting factors
- Perform any other duties relevant to the job.
The Cost Controller will report to the Finance Manager of FairStone Ltd & FairStone Support Services Ltd.
- CIMA Qualified or ACCA Level 2
- At least three years in a similar position
- At least four years in an Accounting department
- Knowledge of build smart software will be considered an advantage